Thursday, March 29, 2012

Banana Cream Pie


Growing up in a tropical country like the Philippines has developed in me a soft spot toward bananas.  There are other fruits in my country but bananas are more convenient to buy since they're always in abundance and  easy in the wallet. Although I have discovered other equally delicious fruits here in America bananas would remain my top favorite.

When I saw the recipe for banana cream pie cupcakes I knew I had to make it.  I know that anything with banana on it would taste just like heaven. The recipe called for a cake mix but I wanted to make mine from scratch so I had to tweak the recipe a little bit. Omitted this, added that. Lessened this, increased that. You know the drill.

And the result: delicious and succulent banana cream pie cupcakes. They came out moist and really filling - perfect with a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold milk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment