Friday, March 30, 2012

Angel Food Toasted Coconut with Vanilla Buttercream


I'd say these cupcakes are fragile to the bite.  They are light, airy, and sweet.  It feels like they melt in my mouth and the frosting not only adds extra sweetness but also gives every bite a smooth finish.  The toasted coconut flakes all brown and crunchy awake me from an angelic fixation of these ethereal pieces of bliss. 

I'm not sure if giving in to the child in me is culpable but it's hard to resist a food that in the first place sounds so innocent. So two cupcakes to satisfy my craving - one just a few hours after baking and frosting and another one later in the day.  Take it from me that playing hard-to-get doesn't apply for these cupcakes. The reward is heavenly when you dig right in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment